Business Development Mngr Offshore Full-time Job4 months ago - Executive and Management Jobs - Gurgaon - 21 views
The Wind Development team in Shell New Energies is responsible for global growth of wind generation. For the emerging offshore wind opportunities in India we look for a local commercial lead. The successful candidate will be the country lead for identification and delivery of opportunities that will provide access to a set of offshore wind projects.
Some of the responsibilities if the Business Development Manager are:
- Be able to handle both the Technical, Commercial and Financial aspects of offshore wind business development.
- Understand and keep track of the business environment to ensure the most appropriate risks are identified and opportunities are developed.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the key competitors and understand their strengths and weaknesses thereby exploiting opportunities arising from these.
- Be responsible and proactive in HSSE issues
- Be accountable for own development plan to continuously improve competencies.
- As the wind team's spearhead in country you are expected to maintain local relationships with government organizations, industry association, supply chain, power sector, technology/research institutes, and the wider Shell organization in India (including Shell Energy and P&T).
- As a member of a global team you will work internationally with commercial wind colleagues, opportunity leads, technical and finance experts.
- The expectation is that several opportunities will be developed in partnerships; the commercial lead is expected to be the senior local Shell representative in the joint venture activities.
- Success in wind developments is governed through access to resource (wind), power price, cost effective design and supply chain cost, financing arrangements, and access to markets/customers. All these elements are important in the evaluation of prospects, and in being successful in delivering investable business cases.
- As the industry is maturing, the competitive landscape is changing and will require innovation at several levels, including commercial and partnering strategies.
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programme, which sees our employees thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India's energy sector alone in socially and environmentally responsible ways. It is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India. The Shell Technology Centre Bangalore, STCB, is one of the three global hubs for technology in the Projects & Technology business of Royal Dutch Shell. In addition, we supply crude, chemicals and technology to public and private sector oil companies, and our Chennai Business Centre provides a wide range of finance, accounting and business services to Shell globally.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
You will start in a team of 30-50 colleagues with an ambition to grow to low hundreds. The wind team currently operates as an integrated team with a strong new business/start-up mentality. You need to work in the context of a low cost, fast moving environment with many uncertainties (sometimes requiring the extra hours or out-of-comfort tasks in support of team objectives). You will need to be willing and able to challenge conventional thinking and approaches that have become common place in Shell and in the Wind Industry to arrive at innovative, fit for purpose and effective ways of working.
- 5-10 Years of relevant work experience. Education including an MBA is a plus.
- Track record in market analysis and strategy development
- Experience in opportunity identification and delivery in the renewables/power market
- Comfortable with the principles of Economics, Finance, Contracting and Procurement
- Proven ability to maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- Proven track record in working in joint ventures, or in start-ups, is a plus
- Working in an integrated multifunctional, commercially oriented team.
- Comfortable to work in a team that is dispersed globally with a centre of gravity in Den Haag (NL).