Design Manager Full-time Job9 months ago - IT & Telecoms - Manila - 118 views
The role will be reporting to the President and Head of Design and Engineering (based overseas) and will be overseeing staff strength of 7 people in the Philippines. The successful applicant will be in-charge of 3 key areas of the design department namely: Naval Architecture, Mechanical and Electrical and Interior.
Establish strategies and direction to drive the project design team to ensure the below objectives are met:
Designs meets the specifications. Results produced is of a high quality and consistent with the company's design and engineering standards.
Priorities are managed to maximize productivity.
Managing multiple projects.
Team management of Design Engineers - Develop the team to ensure that the company's product range can be supported and cross training of staff to cover similar disciplines. Ensure a succession plan is in placed.
Provide standards and processes to ensure efficiency and consistency. Quality audit to non-conformance.
Manage Innovation and actively seeks to improve the Design process and products.
The Successful Applicant
Based in Philippines, our client is looking for Expatriates talents from Australia, USA, South Africa, the Netherlands, Nordic region or other European countries. The applicant must have 10 years senior management in design from the marine industry.
The ideal background would incorporate the following:
- The candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Naval Architecture or equivalent.
- Strong European, American or Australian working experience in marine industry.
- Charismatic, dynamic, driven and motivated. High level of energy and positive minded.
- Teamwork oriented and enjoys working with diverse set of people.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory body rules and regulations requirements including Flag States, Statutory requirements, etc.
- Good understanding of ship design and construction process.
- Effective communication skills and team leadership skills.
- Forward thinker and results oriented.